At St. Ann’s School, education goes beyond the purely technical and practical aspects of schooling and aims at an integration of all knowledge within a vision of the world and human person. It focuses on the physical, emotional, moral and spiritual dimensions of human development, leading to a personal synthesis of faith and life in each student.
We treasure our Catholic-Christian identity and values while welcoming all people of diverse beliefs, cultures and backgrounds. Our staff and students foster a positive, disciplined learning environment based on treating peers and teachers with dignity and respect.
As an independent school, many qualities and services set us apart from public schools. Some of these are listed below with a few links to more details:
- Recognizing individual achievements and efforts through monthly and annual awards
- Smaller class size offers a more controlled learning environment
- Dress code includes school uniforms that limit peer judgment based on apparel
- Zero tolerance regarding bullying both in and out of the classroom
- Affordable, tax-deductible tuition
- St. Ann’s is among the most affordable independent schools in BC.
- After school care and pre-school available on site
- Large, private, well-maintained green space with new soccer field and modern playground equipment
- Learning assistance
- Competitive athletics program
- Bus Service
- Warm, caring family environment that embraces a spirit of acceptance and belonging
- Safe, secure learning and playing environments
- Daily spiritual component
- Open to parent participation / involvement.